To fix it, properly, you need to install SQLDeveloper yourself. Fortunately, this is simple.
- Run regedit as the Administrator
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp Paths
- Add a new Key to App Paths called sqldeveloper.exe
- Set the (Default) value to the full path to the executable (including the executable name).
- Create a new String value for sqldeveloper.exe called Path and set its value to the jre / bin folder in the SQLDeveloper files.
And here’s what it looks like: